Stepping towards the farming dream!

wee.gif

Hooray!!!

I know how good we felt when we found our 1 acre lot with house in foreclosure... needing work and love. Its our first home and property and we're hoping to get it to be our dream home for the next 10 years. Then we'd like at least 5 acre on our next place.

This was a steal for close to town... LOVE IT!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Congrats!
celebrate.gif
I know how you feel. We just had our offer accepted for 5 acres. Granted we won't build until our girls graduate from high school (about 5 years), but at least we have it!

Quote:
I actually do regularly. They still list things at unreasonable prices- its ridiculous.

I am actually from ohio! lol. LIttle place called galena, in delaware county.

Nice deal you are getting. Go for it!

That's great. I found a 111 acre farm out of state. It's mostly wooded but has a spring, two small ponds, a coop and a giant three story home with free gas. Appraises at 235K. They've already bought a house in Mexico and have it reduced to 149K. I have a ton of equity in my house but cannot get a mortgage in that state without cash for the down payment in hand. Can't plan on using equity unless it's actually sold.
sad.png

I may actually die from this.

preppy*hippie*chick :

Galena!!! My uncle lives on South Galena Road and I live 20 minutes away!

I grew up right off Cheshire road. awww, stupid pointless central ohio. I cant believe how busy and crazy and hectic it is there now! I love visiting though, theres no better shopping than polaris!​

Yeah. Delaware county is the wealthiest county in Ohio now. My dad grew up in the area too. He went to Olentangy. His parents owned from St route 23 across Olentangy River Road, back PAST Powell. It used to be so rural and beautiful, but now it's so...developed. They've destoyed it.

preppy*hippie*chick :

Yeah. Delaware county is the wealthiest county in Ohio now. My dad grew up in the area too. He went to Olentangy. His parents owned from St route 23 across Olentangy River Road, back PAST Powell. It used to be so rural and beautiful, but now it's so...developed. They've destoyed it.

Wait... My grampa used to farm some property out that way- he leased it. I bet He leased it off your family! lol. Wouldnt that be funny? I grew up on a 140 acre dairy/crop farm on 3b's & K. He actually founded that entire area, or rather MADE that entire area- the roads there are named after his family- like lazelle road and stuff. He was fire chief for like 30 years or something.

Delaware is just sad. I went to Olentangy, and grew up shopping and playing and going to Delaware (my grandparents used to own designs unlimited) and going back there now is just sad. The people are AWFUL!

Its still familiar though. Even if no one uses their blinkers.​

Back
Top Bottom