STEVE!!! BABY TURKEY with severely curled toes HELP again??

Quote:
Great job there. Sounds like she is starting to gain some strength. Maybe put some marbles in the water so she can't fall all the way in. Good luck. For tomorrow juts put some crumble down for her and have water right next to her that she can't drown and she should be fine. AS long as she knows what the food and water are.

Quote:
that is awesome!!!! got up early this am cause i heard her peeping up a storm and sadly her legs were sprawled out behind her!
barnie.gif
dont know how long she was stuck like that but she in hand in the right position again-as im one handing the computer! ughhh....i am going to make that sling when I get home!!!!! thank you so much!!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
that is awesome!!!! got up early this am cause i heard her peeping up a storm and sadly her legs were sprawled out behind her!
barnie.gif
dont know how long she was stuck like that but she in hand in the right position again-as im one handing the computer! ughhh....i am going to make that sling when I get home!!!!! thank you so much!!!
hugs.gif

Glad to hear that she is still hanging in there. I'm sending good vibes your way.
fl.gif

Please keep us posted.

Quote:
I'm the person who created the Poultry Podiatry page, & since learning more, I'm finding it seems some of the characteristics of the chick chairs in the photo would be better if changed (such as in most cases, making the chair higher so the chick's legs don't reach the ground). I recently took the photo off the webpage. I'm sorry if it created any problems! The page is constantly improving as new info becomes available. The most current info is posted at the web page's new site, which is linked from my sig line below.

Very glad the site is being of help!

She passed this am:( I did the tape boots and it worked great after 4 days I removed the tape and she was great-toes stayed straight and she took another day or two to walk normally and run around. I was scared for her as she was so little:( her turkey friend that hatched after her was 3x her size. Had to hand feed her and water her though...She got weaker everyday:( She passed about 5 minutes ago:(
hit.gif
She was so tiny .... Even though I didn't plan on keeping her...She stole my heart and her little peeps and how sweetly she would cuddle in my neck and hair...
barnie.gif
This is when I feel like saying I'm done hatching! I know I wont stop ( well I am now no more this year-I think) but gosh when something so precious steals all your love attention and then leaves-its that empty spot that rots!
hit.gif

Quote:
Thank you-
While I totally agree, to end any suffering, this poor little gal wasn't suffering. She stayed small-was eating, drinking, pooping. She was running around with her new found footing. It wasn't until 48 hours ago she just looked off and a tad weaker. Last night when she wouldn't eat and didnt want to snuggle-I knew... If she looked like that today..I would have euthanized her
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom