⌚ 2 🙏
Premium Feather Member
Mar 10, 2019
Iowa

HomesteadAddicted

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
So cute! :love
You'll probably need a separate brooder for the chicks so they don't get chilled by being wet and die. I call my ducks my "little piggies " :gig
The second chick is now out of her shell (on her own). I lightly qtipped the goop off of her so she hopefully fluffs up but I noticed her belly is a little swollen, hoping that's just the absorbed yolk and not something more serious. 🤞
We have set up a separate brooder for the chicks. We had 1 hatch a couple days ago and didn't think any of the others would hatch but we were surprised this morning when another one did!
Mama hen first time broody attacked the little one when she started to make her appearance so we brought all the eggs in and put them in the incubator... not sure what'll happen but I'm glad she has a friend now :)

Little piggies sounds about right! Lol I'm totally obsessed with my flock and can't get enough of the babies!

BirdsBeesTrees

⌚ 2 🙏
Premium Feather Member
Mar 10, 2019
Iowa
The second chick is now out of her shell (on her own). I lightly qtipped the goop off of her so she hopefully fluffs up but I noticed her belly is a little swollen, hoping that's just the absorbed yolk and not something more serious. 🤞
We have set up a separate brooder for the chicks. We had 1 hatch a couple days ago and didn't think any of the others would hatch but we were surprised this morning when another one did!
Mama hen first time broody attacked the little one when she started to make her appearance so we brought all the eggs in and put them in the incubator... not sure what'll happen but I'm glad she has a friend now :)

Little piggies sounds about right! Lol I'm totally obsessed with my flock and can't get enough of the babies!
How are your chicken eggs in the incubator doing?

Top Bottom