Sticky duck eggs

Lil_ducky

Hatching
Dec 2, 2020
I have 2 ducks and recently my female laid some fertile eggs. It was getting too cold outside so i moved them into the coop. After that she stopped sitting on them. I decided to bring them in and try to hatch them myself. A few had died so i only have about 3 left. 2 of them recently started getting something sticky on the shell. I dont know what this means because this is my first time having ducks. Please help. I want to try and save them. I don't want anymore of them to die. Theyre only about a week old. The other ones had blood rings on them when i brought them in. They didnt have any of the sticky stuff on them.

I have 2 ducks and recently my female laid some fertile eggs. It was getting too cold outside so i moved them into the coop. After that she stopped sitting on them. I decided to bring them in and try to hatch them myself. A few had died so i only have about 3 left. 2 of them recently started getting something sticky on the shell. I dont know what this means because this is my first time having ducks. Please help. I want to try and save them. I don't want anymore of them to die. Theyre only about a week old. The other ones had blood rings on them when i brought them in. They didnt have any of the sticky stuff on them.
By sticky, do you mean a brown almost sap like substance on the outer shell? If so, I'm afraid that is what I call a "Weeping" egg, and it is already dead. I would recommend removing it carefully, as you don't want that breaking in your house. :sick

By sticky, do you mean a brown almost sap like substance on the outer shell? If so, I'm afraid that is what I call a "Weeping" egg, and it is already dead. I would recommend removing it carefully, as you don't want that breaking in your house. :sick
No its a clear liquid

No its a clear liquid

Back
Top Bottom