Sticky Rice?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by larsonll, Mar 9, 2012.

1. larsonll

larsonll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    West Georgia
    I fed my chickens some leftover sticky rice from the Thai restaurant this afternoon and got worried after the fact because it is so sticky. My children can actually mold things from it.

I searched the forum for sticky rice but got nothing.

I googled it and got many delicious looking recipes but no answer to my concern.

Anyone know if its ok? Worried about an impacted crop now.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  2. macdoogle2

macdoogle2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    San Diego
    I'm sure the chickens will be just fine. I dont think white rice in any form is very nutritious but a little bit is a good treat. If you ate it and enjoyed it they will too.

3. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    Sticky rice should be fine. I wouldn't make a habit of it, but everything should come out fine. [​IMG]

4. larsonll

larsonll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    West Georgia
    Now a day later and they are completely fine with no crop issues. Now when anyone looks for this they will find an answer. I fed about a handful.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  5. muckmuck

muckmuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Mine actually eat quite a lot of rice. Two or Three times a week I get a 5 gal. bucket of cooked rice from an asian restaurant that throws out whatever is left at the end of the night. It is usually 50/50 white and brown and my flock of 25 chickens and 6 ducks go crazy for it. The ducks love it when I throw it in their pond!

Max

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by