Sticky Situation Advice?

Good God. Well, it sucks now but you will be laughing at all of this later once this disaster is over.
hugs.gif
(pray for strong winds)

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about the paint, it might be too heavy for the structure.... one coat and BOOM! Down it goes.
tongue.png

yuckyuck.gif

I still think one good sneeze will do it in. What is that kid THINKING???? I have seen homeless camps that look better. Those aren't even 2 x 4's Good grief.
th.gif

If only I was a GFM!!!!!!

I would love to see a thread for the UGLIEST COOPS! Maybe even a contest! SOMEONE PLEASE START ONE!

This coop would be an awesome contender!

Just a suggestion, Got~

Poor guy...he lost his home and needs a place to live...sounds like hes trying to be helpful anyways.

Quote:
Yeah he needs a place to live... which is why he's living with me. Still doesn't mean I can keep this thing he's built in my (very strict) suburban backyard.
hmm.png
Inspection is in a week, so I hope D (his other flatmate) gets to speak to him tonight. If not, I'll have to do it the rough way. Grr.

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about the paint, it might be too heavy for the structure.... one coat and BOOM! Down it goes.
tongue.png

yuckyuck.gif

I still think one good sneeze will do it in. What is that kid THINKING???? I have seen homeless camps that look better. Those aren't even 2 x 4's Good grief.
th.gif

No idea. His plans looked GOOD too. What happened? D:

Those are non-structural quality beams. Yep.
hmm.png
He paid for those!
smile.png
(Not that I mind, I built my other one out of recycled scraps from a junkyard... but it still... well.. it holds chickens in, for one).

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah he needs a place to live... which is why he's living with me. Still doesn't mean I can keep this thing he's built in my (very strict) suburban backyard.
hmm.png
Inspection is in a week, so I hope D (his other flatmate) gets to speak to him tonight. If not, I'll have to do it the rough way. Grr.

You poor thing! You do not strike me as very shy, so I say just go for it. Let the guy know, hey I appreciate your efforts but that is just not gonna fly around here.

If it were me, I would have stopped him immediately and shown him how to do it right....

Quote:
hmm.png

You poor thing! You do not strike me as very shy, so I say just go for it. Let the guy know, hey I appreciate your efforts but that is just not gonna fly around here.

If it were me, I would have stopped him immediately and shown him how to do it right....

It was a process of what. The frame was good even if the size was not at all what he said. I figured he'd do more crossbeams... measure something... but then one day he put the wires on... then the shadecloth (that was what #1).... then the green roof thing.. then the paint on the shadecloth... then the foil stuff.... it was one new thing a day... and I was just like UM UM UM someone... SOMEONE.... SOMEONE.... each day.... It was a progressive thing. It didn't start as one giant "holy f***".... it just was good... then okay... then huh... then what... then HOLY F***.

Which is why I'm just now going, okay really.. we NEED to say something BIG TIME. About more than just 'hey dude you sure you wanna use shadecloth? We have at least plywood or something...."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom