Sticky yellow goo coming from eggs

WilliamH

Chirping
Mar 23, 2020
I am incubating goose eggs and I find sticky goo that smells coming from egg shell. The texture feels like sap. I cleaned it off then put the egg back in incubator. Then later the sticky substance forms back on the egg. Anyone knows what this is? FYI this is only happening to one egg.

I am incubating goose eggs and I find sticky goo that smells coming from egg shell. The texture feels like sap. I cleaned it off then put the egg back in incubator. Then later the sticky substance forms back on the egg. Anyone knows what this is? FYI this is only happening to one egg.
Get that egg out of the incubator and dispose of it before it blows up and gets all over everything.

Get that egg out of the incubator and dispose of it before it blows up and gets all over everything.
Ok. Do you know what or why this is happening? I candled that egg before and it seems to be fertile.

Ok. Do you know what or why this is happening? I candled that egg before and it seems to be fertile.
It is leaking because it is a rotten egg. It has nothing to do with whether or not it is fertile. It is getting dark inside because of the bacteria in it. It will not hatch but if you leave it in there long enough, it will explode and contaminate the other eggs.

Back
Top Bottom