Still Air Incubator Question

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. LG incubators do a good job but require adjustment every time a change is made. I hatched with a still air one for too many years and turned the eggs manually. I think a turner is more important than a fan. All you have to do is run a still air at 100 instead of at 99-99.5 with a fan. I now have one with a fan and it is noisier than a still air but not annoying. I use my still air one as a hatcher. Good Luck!!!

i have tried to install the fan on my still air bator that i bought from TSC too the fan didn't work you have to connect it into the power cord by converting it and i sent it back i bought it from fleming outdoors and got a refund and used that money to buy a fan forced bator and turner from fleming and yeah i wait until day 17 to candle my eggs cause i noticed when i would candle them too early it would cause the embryo to die from the slightest movement of the egg course it could have just been a puny egg and also i bought a thermometer/hydrometer from TSC for $2.99 its indoor/outdoor use i set it on top of the eggs and so far its great at telling me what the humidity is i have a sponge i put in one of them and it raises the humidity up by 10 and 20% and i just use my still air LG now for hatching out and my two LG fan bators for incubating ^_^

Hey Everyone, I appreciate all of your help! Sorry I am just now catching up. I've been busy as a bee! I ran around town trying to find a hygrometer. Stopped by a tobacco store and the guy didn't have one. Didn't even know what one was. So I found another place and they had a digital one with temperature for $31.99. I said, "THIRTY ONE NINETY NINE?!!!" And the guy let me have it for $25.00. I still think I got ripped off, but I don't know where else to get one. Maybe it is better quality than others, but it doesn't look like anything special to me.

Well, I have an old Tandy computer from Radio Shack I bought back in the 80's. I took the 12 volt fan out of it and found a plug with a 12 volt converter and wired it up. I installed it with some small bolts and washers. Works great.

Okay, I have another question. I have 2 thermometers: One came with the incubator, the other came with the egg turner. I also have the digital thermometer with the hygrometer. Well, I was comparing them with my house thermostat. The house thermostat says it is 72. The digital thermometer says 75 as does one the incubator therm. The one from the egg turner says 74. So I have three different readings on 4 different thermometers. I figure I'd go with the two that match, but that doesn't mean they are right. So, what do you suggest about that?

Back
Top Bottom