still air incubator temp/humidity spikes

Amylynn is it a dry sponge during the first 18 days? Cuz i have no water in either bator but the eggs alone are producing high 40s. Should i open the 2nd vent now? In th incubator manual it said to do it at lockdown

Amylynn is it a dry sponge during the first 18 days? Cuz i have no water in either bator but the eggs alone are producing high 40s. Should i open the 2nd vent now? In th incubator manual it said to do it at lockdown
I keep both of my vents open for the entire incubation. I use a wet sponge, but only if my humidity doesn't hold at least 25-30% running it dry.

Thanks! That was my next question lol. I appreciate all the useful information :)

So you have you bater down in its original box? Giving the ability to collect heat which then draws moisture from air outside? I don't use much water until hatch day then up to 65%. But I live in Florida. I ran air tubing to a bottom channel and actually use a syringe to add water. 2.5ml will bump my humidity from 16% to 26%. When temp in humidity bounces I use same tubing and attach a simple aquarium air pump. Temps stabilize quickly. Also, I had a lot of issues getting my 4 thermometers synched until I moved it to an unused, cool bathroom. Any room that mimics a cool cellar is it. Cover the windows and leave door open. Once bater stabilized, make sure your environment doesnt change. For instance, my bathroom sits on a long hall and at each end are bedrooms. Because I stanilized bater with doors closed, if I open one, it throws it out of whack if not quickly closed back. If I turn lights on in there, within 2 minutes I have increased my temp by 2 degrees. And, the one thing I find the most bothersome... It can't be where someone may walk by thereby creating a draft, near any door that may change your temp. I dont even use exit door on that side of house. The spot you choose and air conditioner needs to be about 73. And dark, very, very, dark lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom