still having fun?????

I already have plans for my Christmas bonus money. Yep, bigger coop - more chickies !!
big_smile.png

we started out with 5 laying hens:rolleyes: now grown to 4 leghorn x's, 17 hylines,1 pure leghorn hen,1Newhampshire rooster and a pair of silkies.

I have told hubby im buying a bator in a few weeks he had a look at prices and models and has nearly decided to buy an 80 egg bator!
jumpy.gif

I said what will we need one that big for he said "sell of the excess".

So i started looking into another plan;) im gonna buy in eggs of breeds i like and hatch my own
yippiechickie.gif

Then sell of excess.

So im writing down the breeds im interested and so far its over about 10 breeds:lol:

Silkies,wynadottes(bantams),
Sebrights,frizzles,pekins,japanese bantams,polish bantams,Silver grey dorkings,Australorps,RIR,RIW,Pymouth rocks.

As well as geese,turkeys and ducks:fl

My coop and run aren't totally finished yet, and I'm already pulling one of the walls down and adding 8 more feet onto the coop! It's back in the corner of the back yard and the husband hasn't seen it yet as I work on it while he is at work. The kids are sworn to secrecy. I KNEW it should have been bigger than I was planning....
wink.png

Cathy

My first thought was, "Oh, no, don't sell the tractor!" ....unless you absolutely have to. The extra space is SO handy to quarantine, isolate sick or injured, provide safety for a broody hen, or raise up a batch of chicks!!!

My plan for my tractor, which is not in use at this time, is to cover it in plastic and use it as a mini greenhouse this winter...um, unless I get more chickens!

Pets?? Of course! Some are rescues....some we bought, some we hatched. NONE of this batch is for the freezer. We will order the freezer pops in the spring next year....still trying to decide...CornishX..or Freedom rangers? Maybe BOTH!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Back
Top Bottom