Still Missing Sophie.....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickenzoo, Mar 16, 2012.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It's been over two months now since I lost my beloved Sophie , the Diva chicken... House Silkie.
    I still feel like my heart is broken, she was with me almost all the time. It's hard for me to post over here because I often see an old post with her pics, and start crying. If my husband cooks spaghetti, I cry, as that was her favorite and she would just beg and beg until he gave her some. She was such a special animal, even thou she was just a chicken.... It left such a hole in my heart. I have another Silkie in the house, that hubby hoped to make it easier, but she's just not Sophie..... I try to see past that, ...l but it's just not the same. I miss her. I miss her a lot.
    I just needed to vent I guess to those who'd understand.

2. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    I'm so sorry! We lost a favorite about 2 years ago, and I still miss her. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Never hurts to grieve. So sorry she passed.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm sorry about dear Sophie. [​IMG] And she wasn't "just" a chicken, she was a special baby to you. Some people may not understand that, but we here on BYC know exactly what you mean.

6. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    It's okay to grieve. It's hard to lose a very special pet. I lost my 19 year old cat last year and it is still hard for me to look at pictures of her. I still have her toys and favorite blanket. I am not sure what I am going to do with them, but I cannot bear to throw them away. I guess at some point it will get easier and I will be able to see things that remind me of her and not feel so sad.

I am so sorry that you are hurting. Sweet Sophie had a good life with you and will always have a special place in your heart. Hang in there and give your love to your other little one. She may not be the same as Sophie, but I am sure she has her own unique personality. Sending you prayers and hugs... [​IMG]

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I lost a very special chicken in August last year and I still cry about her sometimes. I understand. [​IMG]

8. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

Sophie was one very special hen. Thank-you so much for sharing all those great pictures and stories about her. Some animals leave foot prints forever on our hearts. [​IMG]

9. Rachy

Rachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    UK
    I am so very sorry for your loss xxxx [​IMG]

10. i am sooooo sorry for your loss. I know how much she dearly meant to you. It is so hard to move on sometimes. Remember the good times, the times she made you laugh and giggle. It might not make it better, or easier, but at least you can shed a good tear, not a sad one.

My thoughts to you.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by