Still No Eggs

chicken mamma

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
North Texas
I've posted this before but now have a bit of new information. As you can see at the bottom the breeds that I have. My two female buff cochins and my red stars are 33 weeks today the rest of the bunch is 23 weeks old. I was getting eggs everyday from my red stars and cochins until mid to late August we ran out of chick feed and so for about two weeks or so they lived on cat food (which I now know is bad) and veggies (tomatos, egg plant, and some non hot peppers), a small bit of fruit (aprox 2-3 very small canteloupe throughout this time span) also so some table scraps here and there comprised of nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of (i.e. no meats or anything like that) The last two eggs were laid on Sept 2 by two of the Red Stars. Since the first week of September they have been on a routine diet of Dumor 15% laying crumbles/pellets and fresh water as always. The temp has fluctuated and it is cooler at night. I have there light set up in there so there is warmth in there hen house and continuous light. They are in an inclosure so I know they aren't hidden. We check every morning at 6am and 7am and 8am, again at noon, then at 3pm when Andy gets home 4pm when roommate gets home and then at 5 when I get home, so I know they aren't laying and eating them. Last Monday we had two small bantam eggs I'm assuming came from my buff cochins. But since then nothing.

I spend $25 every two weeks on feed, and am used to my ladies paying for them selves with eggs. If they don't start laying soon we're going to start having a lot of chicken for dinner. Has anyone else expierenced this. How much longer should I wait? Any and all advice would be appreciated. We're really starting to get frusterated here at Poe Prairie. :thun

No they haven't molted yet all of them have feathers intact non of them look out of the ordinary. Pep talks have been given, squeezing them until an egg pops out has been threatened
ep.gif
jk!
We have also put new hay were they lay there eggs since they had scratched and kicked most of it off.

Back
Top Bottom