Still NOT laying...

ChobeeChickenMommy

Songster
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Okeechobee, FL
AHHH.... I have been waiting patiently for my 2 EE's & 3 black australorps to start laying since we got them from my friends mom... What do I do?! I have given the feed w/ "extra" protein, crushed hard boiled eggs, extra treats, etc... Anymore ideas?! We also added extra places for them to be able to lay in (since my friend just told me that they didn't have nesting boxes before just little nests randomly around for them...) MY hubby now wants to get rid of them, but I CAN'T. I love them & I want them to stay...
hit.gif

Quote:
If it's months, then their not ready to lay!
If it's years, they have stopped laying because they are too old!

Ya, I thought years. Maybe I'm wrong. My friends mom said they were giving her anywhere from 15-20 eggs a week... This stinks.
he.gif

Quote:

ep.gif
What, they can't lay eggs at 2 or 3 years of age? I guess I need to tell my friends hens they don't need to lay anymore then?

How long have you had them? It can take weeks for them to lay again once they are moved to a new place and sometimes it takes months. With it being Autumn now you may not get eggs until spring. It's always a waiting game with layer's.

Last edited:
Quote:

Ya, I thought years. Maybe I'm wrong. My friends mom said they were giving her anywhere from 15-20 eggs a week... This stinks.
he.gif

My friends hens stopped laying at 2 years. That may be your problem... BUT.....They were moved transferred to my friends new proprety and a few days later egg production STOPPED.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom