Still waiting for my first blue egg...FRUSTRATED!!!!!***

HA, HA!!!! Frustrated, you say?? My EE are 25 weeks old, my Ameraucanas are 29 weeks old and I haven't gotten a blue, green, pink, brown or white egg from any of them! I have a game camera in the coop and they aren't even visiting the nest box and the roo pays NO attention to them and they avoid him! Their combs (what little bit is showing is very pale compared to my other girls..who are the same age!

EE are mixed breed chickens-- there fore, they have no standard feather color, comb shape/size, their feet/legs can be any color, as well as their egg! They may lay early or very late --just as other breeds...

Dixie who is still waiting for a blue egg (or what every color they may lay)!

FYI: threatening them doesn't work--my dh took Bojangle's chicken out to the coop and sat in the lawn chair and ate it!!! LOL

Me too! I only have 3 laying out of 14 and I haven't gotten ANY eggs in 2 days!
barnie.gif

Well, since they are EE crossed AGAIN with anouther breed, Im sorry to say its probably more likely that they wont lay blue/green eggs.

Oh I so don't like the sound of those "old" chickens (esp 30 wkers) not laying. All my girls are 21 wks but the bantams (not EE's) are starting to significantly pink-en up in the comb area, and the Ameraucanas are looking more pink and less black in the face but only slightly. However my chickens have been baby-dancing for about 2 months now I think. No eggs yet.

logansmommy -- don't worry yourself too much. I have four EE pullets. Two of whom began laying at 30 weeks and the other two at about 31 and 32 weeks. So yours may take a little longer. Those pretty eggs are worth the wait, though!

I have 4 EE's all 23 weeks old today- Nothing...nada..zilch... still doing the green/blue egg watch. but... I have a SLW who is giving me a darling little brown egg almost every day :)

Lady Jayne- that's funny- my dad hung a KFC bucket from the rafter of his chicken coop with a sign that read: "eggs or else!" apparently chickens can read- ha.
smile.png

I have had 7 EE. Mine have started laying between 20 -24 wks. The best layer I have is the EE that started laying at 24 wks. She laid for 6 wks straight before she missed a day laying. Very good hen. EE do not always lay blue eggs. I have hatched all my EE. First 3 ... 1 laid blue eggs, 1 laid brown , 1 laid pink (all hatched from blue/green eggs). Second group hatched from 3 pink eggs, and 1 brown. 1 laid brown, 1 laid pink, 2 laid green.

If yours are EE x comets they will probably not lay blue. Green or brown most likely. They will probably be very good layers. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom