Still waiting for my first blue egg...FRUSTRATED!!!!!***

logansmommy7

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Shenandoah Valley
Ok So I have 5 pullets EE/Golden Comet crosses (look like EE mostly) and they are probably 22 weeks old now. They look ready-I even thought I saw our roo "do the deed" with at least one, maybe two of them. Will they ever lay? I have looked all around the run for a blue egg-they should lay blue if they are EE crosses, right, and nothing. Do EE typically start laying later than others? Please offer advice...

I am going on vacation next week, so surely they will lay the first one then...
hu.gif

I told my ladies no more treats till I see some eggs or at least one egg. They replied back something about an Egg strike!!! Jeez.....

Two or maybe three of my 10 EE's started laying last week at 19 weeks, along with one of my brown egg-layers. The first of 40 chicks to lay was a light Brahma, completely surprising me as I expected the larger breed to be slower to mature. It will be happening soon, and it'll be great!

first, get a KFC bucket. get a picture of the pullets in question and put it on the bucket and write them a little note stating that they either get their poop in a group or they have a second option. it works like a charm.....
tongue.png

if this doesn't get the point across, hang cast iron skillets in the coop. that works too.

EE's can be mixed with any breed so, you never know what they have in their backgrounds. they could be early or late maturing breeds. and as with any chicken it comes down to they will lay when they lay. it's the minute that you stop thinking about it that you find the egg, i swear!

blessings over your nest for lots of eggs and a healthy flock!
smile.png

My EE started laying green eggs at 20 weeks old. (the one in my avi). I have a redish EE who gives me Dark olive eggs. Two silver/brown ones give me brown eggs. The other red & other white have yet to lay. Oh, the first egg came when I was on vacation. My dh found it.

Back
Top Bottom