Stinking Lousy Hawks!

Aw, i'm sorry! How much did they weigh?
We were keeping our chicks in a box when they were less than a week old, (in the house) and we had them out, and they were just pecking at a thing of grass for them, and a hawk landed RIGHT outside the window! They freaked out. Three of them froze, and one of them ran and hid. The hawk has landed in our yard about 3 times since then. They wouldn't attack full grown speckled sussex, would they? (around 7 lb)

I think I may have been (almost) hit by another hawk today - one took/killed two younger chickens last week and today I let my two groups of chickens, housed over an acre apart, out for about an hour before sunset.I went in for five minutes, came back out and ALL chickens are nowhere to be found. Guineas all missing too. Finally found them ALL hiding under brush in various areas of our property - these groups were far far apart and I can't think of any other predator that could travel that fast in the five minutes I spent inside! thankfully managed to round them all up and so far all seem fine.

WAS HAVING A HAWK PROBLEM after seeing one two days ago this moring I was on my back deck cleaning my 12 ga. shotgun raised gun up in a dry fire manuver and gun went off with a load of no. 6 shot darn where did that hawk come from, oh well going to extra careful when cleaning gun from now on. the falling feathers was beautiful.
Dennis

SSS
hide.gif

Quote:
Remind me not to hunt with you. I would sure hate to get shot by a careless hunter with an unloaded weapon.

And remind me not to jump from a chopper with you. ive got 14 jumps from black haws and 75 from c-130s and read between lines.
Dennis 82nd air born trained but us navy

Back
Top Bottom