1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

stinky duck poop

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sonja1018, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sonja1018

Sonja1018 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2014
    Texas
    I've read there are different types of duck poops but not sure what's normal as in consistency, color,& odor. My 5 week old duck often expels a seriously unpleasant liquid.
    It's dark brown to blackish with consistency between milk &soft yogurt. It's usually accompanied by an audibly wet gasous release. And this stuff has a horrificly foul odor. What is it? Is this normal? And for the love of humanity WHY!?
    I love my Qwackers but when faced with the clean up of this mess I'm sure he must be possessed by disgusting sewage demons.
    **if this condition is a serious situation please let me know what to do!

2. Americano Blue

Americano Blue Mush on!

Apr 14, 2014
    Hello Spring
    My Coop
    Duck poop stinks. Like really stinks. I can't be much help because I got my ducks as adults but mine have kinda a slimly thinkish watery smelly poop. It gross [​IMG]

3. Quackers Mama

Quackers Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    Houston, TX
    "Possessed by disgusting sewage demons" Lmao! Quackers is the same age & has the brown squirts too. The sound is so gross lol. One time I had him on my shoulder & he popped on me. It's bad enough when they're near you but worse when the sound is right in your ear! Lol. I had read somewhere that it's normal for runny poop. What are you feeding him? I noticed Quackers' stink is worse when I give him ACV. I couldn't stand the stench which is why I've stopped giving it to him. Now the smell is bearable.

4. Quackers Mama

Quackers Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    Houston, TX

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by