Stockton, CA, chicken laws?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by HHandbasket, Mar 9, 2011.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I am hoping someone from Stockton can enlighten me. I have read a law that says that in the city of Stockton, you cannot legally keep chickens or fowl of any kind, exotic birds, or even reptiles. How accurate is this information? I am asking because our landlords are selling the house we presently live in over here in Sacramento. However, they have another house in Stockton they're willing to rent to us, and they have no problem with us having chickens.

I cannot find any laws/ordinances regarding fowl for San Joaquin County (i.e., outside of Stockton city limits... this house *may* be outside the city limits & I will find out for sure today or tomorrow).

Just trying to cover all my bases and hoping to get a response from someone who lives there.

Thanks!

2. CaliValleyChick

CaliValleyChick New Egg

Mar 11, 2014
    Did you ever get to find out about the poultry laws for San Joaquin county?

3. staceymw

staceymw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2015
    Stockton California
    I would like to know too

4. Windala

Windala New Egg

Apr 28, 2017
    I live right off of Hammer and I-5! Help can I have chickens? I already have 8 almost 3 week old chicks!! I too am having a hard time finding the right info... I guess I can always call City Hall on Monday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by