Stop laying

Countryman101

Chirping
Mar 5, 2023
My ducks went from laying one egg a day to nothing. I thought they were molting but they aren't that I see. I have attached a picture of the feed that I fed them. They are out side every day and clean water. I'm lost on what it could be.
Screenshot_20240417_123450_Chewy.jpg

three things they need, sun, high quality feed which it looks like your giving them, and to be stress free. have you introduced new birds recently? had anything happen like change there pen around or something on those lines? ducks dont like change... how many drakes to hens do you have? if there being over mated thats also a common happening.

three things they need, sun, high quality feed which it looks like your giving them, and to be stress free. have you introduced new birds recently? had anything happen like change there pen around or something on those lines? ducks dont like change... how many drakes to hens do you have? if there being over mated thats also a common happening.
They get plenty of sunshine, I haven't added any birds they are the same flock from day one. The only thing that changes in the pen is when I clean it. I have 18 birds I believe I have 2 or 3 drakes. But everything has been going well till the last couple weeks

Depending on where you live...the weather can play a big factor.like a sudden change in temp or bad storms..we had a tornado come thru AR and all my birds got stressed and quit laying until they realized they wouldn't be blown away. Sometimes they get intimated if there are more dominant females around.....

Back
Top Bottom