Stop the spinning....!

BFeathered

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
North Texas
Please! I've had vertigo for the past 10 days (this is the 6th time in 16 months) and it stinks. It takes forever to do anything (including read and type) since I look and feel like a drunken sailor. I've tried just about everything, nothing helps. Acupuncture, meclizine, ginger tea, various movement manuevers, craniosacral therapy, valium.... to name a few. Going to another ENT on Tue.- maybe he'll actually be interested in trying to stop the world so I can get off... instead of "fixing that deviated septum and sculpting the orbital/nasal area" (i.e. cosmetic plastic surgery). If anyone out there has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them, even if it's only for laughs ('cause I'm close to tears at this point)
barnie.gif

Just turn around in a circle at the same pace the world is spinning and it will look like everything is holding still.
lau.gif

Sorry....couldn't resist. I get vertigo sometimes too and I agree...it sucks!
barnie.gif

Oh yeah! Tried that, and even tried spinning in the other direction to "unwind"
gig.gif
Oh well, maybe the floor will be softer tomorrow morning when my keester meets it again!

Done the exercises, drank the wine, drank the beer, tried vodka, decided that the beer (maybe the hops?) "helped" the most. At least I'm less bummed by the whole thing after a brew. (I'm a lightweight, it doesn't take much anymore)

I suffered with this about 2 years ago. I really thought I was going crazy! After many different medications, countless trips to the doctors and many days missed at work we finally figured out the problem. I had a root canal on one of my molars many many years ago. After taking xrays, they realized I had a very bad infection going on under the tooth. I had no pain, no symptons..nothing..........but my sinuses and ear canal on that side were a huge mess!

I wish you the best.

Eeeek! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you're better. With any luck my spinning will be something as "simple" as that. I did try a whopping round of antibiotics and decongestant (super snot remover!) when I had a sinus infection during one of the previous bouts, but it didn't have any effect on the merry-go-round.

Thanks for the good wishes, I'm really hoping it's not Menniers! I understand that there's really nothing you can do about that.... ugh.

Back
Top Bottom