Store bought eggs to hatch?

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

Even though tomorrow is the seventh day I'll be gone most of the day and be too tired to give an update. This morning I checked all 40 eggs. All but 3 show signs of development!

My camera couldn't pick up the little black spot through the dark egg shells. Though I am going to leave all of them in another few days and check again. :fl
Woohoo. Grow little babies grow

Hanks has about 6 doz left today, I grabbed 2 more doz. They will go in a diff incubator until they all warm up.

!va.PNG

Hey everyone, thought I'd try to post the pictures of the eggs that seem to be developing. Because of the dark egg shells plus my camera.. it is hard to see what I am seeing in person.

On pic 1, the embryo is right above my thumb but covered with a dark spot on the egg. If you look closely you can see veins.

Pic 2 is above my thumb right above to the left of that white spot.

Pic 3 I am almost 100% on this one! Wish it was more developed to see it better but it is to the right of my thumb. The spot is way darker in person then it is picking up on the camera.

We will see on day 14!

20220428_114529.jpg
20220428_114216.jpg
20220428_114038.jpg

Well you guys.. thus experiment is a bust. I placed my fertile eggs in along with the store bought eyes to Guage development. My eggs certainly have chicks in them. Needless to say what I thought was development was shadows in the shell. Cracked them open and there was some discoloration in the yolks.

Not disappointed though! This was an experiment with big box store eggs. Wasn't expecting anything. If something like this to work, it's better to buy eggs that 1) say fertile on the box 2) some local stores sell local eggs.. through that you can find out from the farm if they're fertile.

In the end, it is not really worth it unless you know for sure the eggs are fertile.

Well you guys.. thus experiment is a bust. I placed my fertile eggs in along with the store bought eyes to Guage development. My eggs certainly have chicks in them. Needless to say what I thought was development was shadows in the shell. Cracked them open and there was some discoloration in the yolks.

Not disappointed though! This was an experiment with big box store eggs. Wasn't expecting anything. If something like this to work, it's better to buy eggs that 1) say fertile on the box 2) some local stores sell local eggs.. through that you can find out from the farm if they're fertile.

In the end, it is not really worth it unless you know for sure the eggs are fertile.
It was worth it! We all learned something! Thanks for sharing your idea!

Back
Top Bottom