Store bought Fertile eggs are hatched! With Pics Go to p3

K&H Chicken Farm

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Redding CA
OK its day 21 and the bactor keeps getting up to 103!!! I have put in a call to GQF but they need to call me back. Any Ideas in the mean time. I got these poor store bought babies this far I do not want to loss them now!!
th.gif

SOme fast back ground: I bought these eggs to test out my old 1202 I bought and needed some thing to use to see if the bactor would hold temp and humity. I had seen a post here about store boughts and thought why not? I bought 4 doz and out of that 13 made it in to a hatcher.

Last edited:
Hmm... I'm at a loss...
sad.png
Hopefully someone else can help. It could also be the thermometer reading wrong, but you really don't want to be opening the incubator right now. Maybe pull the vent plug at the top? You'll lose humidity though... argh!
barnie.gif

Ok GQF just called back and I was told to stand and watch the eggs for a min and see if they are rocking....They where. LOL So he told me to just sit tight and see how they do in the next 24 hours. It is most likly the chicks making the temp spike. He siad the temp should not hurt them at this point...........now I have to wait and see.
barnie.gif

If you want to open the bator (debatable), you can lower the temp by toggling the number 3 switch so that it's even with the rest, then toggling number 1 or 2 in its place. Each number brings the temp down a bit less than a degree.

Before I got to the rocking post I thought that's a hatch getting ready to start! Woot!

If you think the temp it too high you can open that red plug on the top and let some heat out but you risk loss of humidity.When my last batch was hatchingthe temps went up to 102.8. That is warm wiggly bodies put of heat!

Go chickies go!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

We had the opposite problem with our Genesis... the temps kept dropping and dropping. GQF gave me a series of things to do with the number toggles to reset etc. And it has been working perfectly now!!! Hopefully you will have a fantastic hatch, but if it happens again, or drops, call them back cuz they can walk you through this process!!

Back
Top Bottom