store bought test run.update day 14

K&H Chicken Farm

Songster
11 Years
Feb 17, 2008
Redding CA
I meet a guy at the small animal swap meet today (btw the kids sold all 5, 2 year old roos at $6 each in under 3 min after getting there) who told me he had a bator for sale if I wanted to come by latter and look at it. We went down and he had a GQF Model 1202 wooden Circulated air incubator. (it looks like a early model sports man!) its got 3 levels and looks like 90 eggs per level! It came with egg trays ranging from turkey/goose all the way down to quail and bantam.
Here in the cool part. He knew the kids had $36 from there roo sale earlier that day so that is what he charged us. Now I just need to run it for a week to work out bugs and then we need eggs, LOTS of eggs! LOL
D.gif
: weee
ya.gif

Last edited:
Wow that is a great deal!!! Congrats and Happy Hatching. I was so lucky this week also my hubby said he would buy me the new sportsman 1502!!! I've already been looking around for more eggs to hatch!! It should be here around the middle of this week.

Well its been up and running for hours now and holding at 99.5 with 55% humidity.
Every thing look great!

Now some one said that you could get fertile eggs at the store and may be able to hatch some of them out. If that is true that may make for a great first run with out spending alot of money on eggs and shipping. I could alwasy seel the chicks at the swap.
Shelly

Ok I just back from the heath food store. They had eggs deliverd this morning and really want to see if this works!
The eggs are a really nice soild color darker egg. I got 48 of them for 2.75 a doz. I am going to let them sit at room temp for 7 hours and put them in tonight.

LOL My hubby looked at me when I told him what I wanted to try then happy grabed car keys and said lets go! He has been reading poultry mags and looking up sites all weekend also. Its great when you have some one who is as excited as you are.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
ep.gif
You got 48 doz? Did I read that right? Might as well go for it huh? Congrats on your sale of your roos, and you good buy of your incubator. I wish SD would have a swap meet, or maybe they do and I don't know about it.

Back
Top Bottom