Store liars

Quote:
Illia said it best.

They are definitely EEs.

Because EE's are mutts. It's not that common that you find two exactly alike, even though they may look simular.
smile.png

okay. thanks for the help. but can you tell me how you guys can tell or is it a secret or like a 6th sense?

Mostly it's because if you are asking, then you didn't get them from a breeder. Any "Ameraucana" or it can be spelled "Amereucana" that are bought from a feed store, or from a hatchery are in fact always going to EEs.

Quote:
Ameraucanas have a standard. EEs do not. If you want to see what true ameraucanas are supposed to look like you can check out this site: http://www.ameraucana.org/
or
go to the ameraucana thread in the breeds, genetics & showing section. Nothing wrong with EEs- I love having them in my flock and making new colors and olive eggers with them
big_smile.png

Like I said beforehand, if you answered to yourself the questions I wrote out, you'd know instantly.
smile.png

They don't have a recognized Ameraucana color definite sign of an EE

You mentioned "store liars" - I'm assuming you got them from a feedstore definite sign of an EE

They have green legs definite sign of an EE

You are wondering if they're "Americauna" or EE. definite sign of an EE

smile.png

Quote:
Some Easter Eggers from hatcheries/feedstores may lay them, but it isn't very common.

Otherwise, yes, you have to breed them or get chicks/eggs from someone else who bred them. Olive Eggers are the product of a dark egg layer and a blue/green egg layer. Thus, the resulting offspring lay beautiful, rich, dark olive green eggs.

Some people think the average green colored egg is also considered Olive Green, because it does look like a pale Olive Green, but truthfully Olive Eggers are the product of dark egg layers and colored ones, not just any brown egg layer. The egg of an Olive Egger must have some rich color and at least some hint of darkness to it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom