Storey's Guide to Raising Turkeys, 3rd Edition Release is June 3rd

I didn't think about the kindle,my wife orders a lot of books on hers.I'm enjoying the book so far.I'm still new to turkeys,supposed to be getting my poults in two weeks.

I just picked up this book from our local library. I can't wait to start reading it tonight.
ep.gif
Your local library?????
woot.gif

I had avoided this book because it I had the guide to raising poultry by Leonard S. Mercia, and he had originally written the turkey guide. I was not impressed by his methods of care described in the poultry edition. Can anyone tell me if Don Schrider edited and revised the old edition or completely rewrote the book? My issue was with the concentration on commercial methods and breeds, a lot of antibiotics recommended and lack on info for all-natural, free range, and heritage breeds. Any insight on the new book? I really like the Storey collection except that particular author.

According to the information on Amazon, and the first few pages of the book, it is written Don Schrider and edited by Deborah Burns. There is no mention of Leonard S. Mercia. The cover says it's a "New Edition of the Best-Selling Classic," so it sounds like he completely re-wrote it.

Back
Top Bottom