Stories little piece by little piece

“Wake up!”
I opened my eyes to see Palila standing over me, a bow slung over her shoulder, draped in a dark cloak.
“We don't have much time, you are needed on the lower level.” She urged.
I rubbed my eyes and sat up. She was gone.
After dressing rapidly and combing my hair back, I emerged into the sunlight. There were stairs curving around the large tree trunk which led to what Palila had called the lower level. That’s exactly what it was, a level on the treehouse that was lower than the other.
I rounded the corner to see Averi and Palila sitting on a long couch and John standing, with his arms crossed, over a tall table with a map spread on the top.
Arne was leaning on a beam with his back towards me, looking at the same map.
“Look who finally rises,” Arne said without turning.
Palila tossed me a strange fruit which I caught and took with me to the table.
Laid out in front of me was a map of the whole world, but it was strange in that the borders and names were consistently shrinking, growing, and changing. There were places I never even knew existed and pictures of creatures I had never seen.
Arne and John continued their conversation
“But if we go south the number of cr-sasil will increase drastically,” John argued.
“The ones in the north are far stronger, it all depends on what they feed on,” stated Arne. “You will not last long when confronted by them”
I came closer and peered at the map.
“What if,” I pointed, “We went west? There’s a large cliff to the east but the west should work…right?”
Arne looked down at me before saying “That would work if it wasn't for the people who live there. They have become wild and fierce as they have no protection, though they have survived the infestation.”
“I don't see why we can't just walk over there and tell them why we need to get through, which, now that I think about it, why DO we need to get through?”
“Because,” Arne answered, “I may know of a way to freedom.”
Palila walked up behind me and grabbed the back of my shirt to pull me away.
“Let them work it out, you’ve said your piece,” She whispered.
I sat next to Averi. “We should go check on Katoka,” I sighed.
She agreed and Palila, Averi and I walked to the floor opening and pushed the ladder down. The bottom rung fell with a soft thump on the forest floor and one by one, we climbed down.

“Wake up!”
I opened my eyes to see Palila standing over me, a bow slung over her shoulder, draped in a dark cloak.
“We don't have much time, you are needed on the lower level.” She urged.
I rubbed my eyes and sat up. She was gone.
After dressing rapidly and combing my hair back, I emerged into the sunlight. There were stairs curving around the large tree trunk which led to what Palila had called the lower level. That’s exactly what it was, a level on the treehouse that was lower than the other.
I rounded the corner to see Averi and Palila sitting on a long couch and John standing, with his arms crossed, over a tall table with a map spread on the top.
Arne was leaning on a beam with his back towards me, looking at the same map.
“Look who finally rises,” Arne said without turning.
Palila tossed me a strange fruit which I caught and took with me to the table.
Laid out in front of me was a map of the whole world, but it was strange in that the borders and names were consistently shrinking, growing, and changing. There were places I never even knew existed and pictures of creatures I had never seen.
Arne and John continued their conversation
“But if we go south the number of cr-sasil will increase drastically,” John argued.
“The ones in the north are far stronger, it all depends on what they feed on,” stated Arne. “You will not last long when confronted by them”
I came closer and peered at the map.
“What if,” I pointed, “We went west? There’s a large cliff to the east but the west should work…right?”
Arne looked down at me before saying “That would work if it wasn't for the people who live there. They have become wild and fierce as they have no protection, though they have survived the infestation.”
“I don't see why we can't just walk over there and tell them why we need to get through, which, now that I think about it, why DO we need to get through?”
“Because,” Arne answered, “I may know of a way to freedom.”
Palila walked up behind me and grabbed the back of my shirt to pull me away.
“Let them work it out, you’ve said your piece,” She whispered.
I sat next to Averi. “We should go check on Katoka,” I sighed.
She agreed and Palila, Averi and I walked to the floor opening and pushed the ladder down. The bottom rung fell with a soft thump on the forest floor and one by one, we climbed down.
I would give this 2 hearts if I could

I'm working on it. I dont have a ton done but you can have a sneak peek
I pulled the door open and peered into the stable. Katoka lay on a pile of straw, resting her head on her paws. She lifted her eyes to meet us.
“So you were just gonna leave me out of all that?” She complained. “You were gonna leave me here while John has a full blown argument and you find a girlfriend?!" At this I rolled my eyes. "What else have you done without me?” Her eyes looked hurt but the tip of her tail told me otherwise as it twitched back and forth.
“Katoka,” I smiled, “Your tail.”
She looked back and growled. “That confounded thing is always giving me away.”
“Anyways,” Averi said, "it's good to see you again.

I've been working on my story but with the AI image contest going on, i thought i'd try to do my characters from this story. These are how I see them so you DO NOT have to look at them as i know some people dont like to see the characters because it takes away from the imaginative fun so i'll put them in a spoiler. I also did the Crushers/Sasil but it looks really gross and i dont want to get in trouble for posting it. I'd also love to see any of how you imagin them! I used Bing Image Generator for all of these.

Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 9.10.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 9.31.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 8.56.31 PM.png

image (2).png
image.png

image (1).png

Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 9.44.26 PM.png

Alssssoooo, I present part 9!
I pulled the door open and peered into the stable. Katoka lay on a pile of straw, resting her head on her paws. She lifted her eyes to meet us.
“So you were just gonna leave me out of all that?” She complained. “You were gonna leave me here while John has a full blown argument and you find a girlfriend?!” At this I rolled my eyes. "What else have you done without me?” She looked hurt but the tip of her tail told me otherwise as it twitched back and forth.
“Katoka,” I smiled, “Your tail.”
She looked back and growled. “That confounded thing is always giving me away.”
“Anyways,” Averi said, "it's good to see you again."
Katoka stood and stretched. Only then did she notice Palila standing behind us, staring with fascination.
“May I help you?” Katoka asked
Palila blinked in surprise, “No!” She exclaimed “It's just, you are not of the articulate beasts of the north nor are you using any kind of magic, you’re different, I can sense it.”
“In that you would be correct” Katoka replied, “And the reason you could not recognise my origin is because I am the last of my kin.”
She stared at Palila and her eyes slowly changed from amber to a deep indigo and then back again.
That was new.
Palila couldn't help but let her mouth drop. Katoka laughed and then stepped out into the forest. She tested the wind for any scent that could mean danger. Not because she needed to but because it was habit.
John walked up behind us and overhead, Arne streaked past.
“He’s going to the west to scout it out, apparently he has a friend there that can help us.”
“When will he be back?” Averi asked.
“By nightfall, then we begin the journey to the land he calls Gar”
“He’s coming with us?”
“If what he says is true, then there is no hope for this world.”
I listened quietly, feeling pleased that Arne and John had taken my advice. It might even be a safer route if the people there had outlasted the infestation.

After a while of trekking in the dark through the forest, we finally reached the edge.
Arne had returned after dark as predicted and we had packed up and left.
We sat just within the shadows of the trees waiting for something.
My legs began feeling numb from sitting still for so long so I got up and quietly snuck to where Arne was standing and looked out at the land that we had to traverse.
A tall brown wall complete with barbed wire on the top and watchful guards patrolling the base stretched on for miles in both directions. Bright floodlights stood at the ready.
“How are we gonna—”
Arne cut me off with a quick gesture. Two bright lights appeared along the North side of the wall. They got progressively bigger until I could see it was a worn vehicle with five men seated inside, three clutching Semi-automatic rifles and one writhing in what looked like pain.
The guards by the gate shouted something to some guards patrolling the top and one disappeared behind the wall. The car skidded to a stop and the gate creaked slowly open. They began to proceed until a second group of men ran out of the gate and blocked the way. They started to argue about something as one examined the hurt man.
“What are they saying?” I asked, “I can't hear them.”
“They are telling the ones in the machine that they can not allow contaminated people into Gar” Arne whispered, “The ones in the machine, most likely his friends, are saying that a doctor can help him for it is not too late.”
I heard the sick man scream and then fall limp into the back seat. This brought another onslaught of yelling from the opposing side.
“Stay here,” Arne ordered. He flew over the bare stretch of ground and landed quietly behind the group of men. As the people facing him grew silent, the others turned around. The ones with guns held them up but one man ran and stood in front of Arne and beckoned for them to lower their weapons. They did so reluctantly. The one who obviously knew him brought Arne to the injured man. Arne ducked down to take a look and then said something and pointed to the forest where we were hiding. About six men broke from the group and began to run toward us.

In a moment they were upon us.
“Put your hand where I can see ‘em!” one shouted.
I heard many different bullets sliding into many different chambers though seeing them was out of the question because when several flashlights are pointed right into your eyes, it's nigh impossible.
Everybody else rose slowly from the bushes with their hands held high.
“Me name be Dagger and for the good of all Gar I am putting ye under a-rest.” The strongest-looking man stated.
Katoka began to growl. I held my breath, praying that her feisty temper wouldn’t get us all killed.
Within an instant, all guns were pointed at her. I stared at Katoka hoping she’d get the message. In her moment of distraction, one man slipped a mussel over her head and stepped back.
Katoka was furious. She lashed her head back and forth and when that proved no avail, she turned on her captors, bowling one over and pinning him onto his back.
A click and a whistle followed by a soft thunk and Katoka slumped over.
Averi couldn't help but cry out before clapping her hands over her mouth.
I was in shock until the man under her squeezed out and I saw the dart sticking out of her hind thigh. I sighed in relief. She was only asleep.

In a moment they were upon us.
“Put your hand where I can see ‘em!” one shouted.
I heard many different bullets sliding into many different chambers though seeing them was out of the question because when several flashlights are pointed right into your eyes, it's nigh impossible.
Everybody else rose slowly from the bushes with their hands held high.
“Me name be Dagger and for the good of all Gar I am putting ye under a-rest.” The strongest-looking man stated.
Katoka began to growl. I held my breath, praying that her feisty temper wouldn’t get us all killed.
Within an instant, all guns were pointed at her. I stared at Katoka hoping she’d get the message. In her moment of distraction, one man slipped a mussel over her head and stepped back.
Katoka was furious. She lashed her head back and forth and when that proved no avail, she turned on her captors, bowling one over and pinning him onto his back.
A click and a whistle followed by a soft thunk and Katoka slumped over.
Averi couldn't help but cry out before clapping her hands over her mouth.
I was in shock until the man under her squeezed out and I saw the dart sticking out of her hind thigh. I sighed in relief. She was only asleep.
Uh-oh... Don't leave me on a cliffhanger!

Back
Top Bottom