Storing hatching eggs

lhines08

Songster
Jan 5, 2021
Pennsylvania
It will take us approximately 7 to 9 days to collect them ammont of eggs we need to for incubation. The coolest place in our house is our basement ranges between 60 and 65. But the humidity is in the 40/50s
Is that to low of a humidity?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to chime in that it's fancy meeting you here bc I just saw your post in Central PA Chicken Tenders lol!

It will take us approximately 7 to 9 days to collect them ammont of eggs we need to for incubation. The coolest place in our house is our basement ranges between 60 and 65. But the humidity is in the 40/50s
Is that to low of a humidity?
Hi there and welcome to BYC! :frow

what color/size/breed eggs will you be storing?

I hatch eggs older than that all the time.. but check out the following link that includes information on extended storage times, etc.. including techniques such as.. turning, storing upside down, or using a plastic bag.. not likely all at the same time.. one of my favorite incubation resources, consider bookmarking it for future reference..

Incubation guide

Beyond that.. maybe add a humidifier to the basement or in a closet. Or a bowl of water next to them??

Hope this helps some,
Happy hatching! :jumpy:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom