Story’s of your dogs!!! Please share if you want!!

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
5 Years
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
I wanted to do a dog thread! We have a dog named Gunner, he is what we believe is a Lab, Australian Shepherd, and Blue Heler. We were driving home one day and my dad all of a sudden stopped the car got out and picked up a puppy. We were going to start heading home again with the puppy when 5 more puppy came out of the trees! So we grabbed all 6 puppy’s and took them home gave them a bath treated them for flees and ticks then we feed them all and gave the a little TLC! Then we found all of them homes they all were so happy and loved ( the person who helped find all the puppys homes kept us updated) expected Gunner who my uncle was going to keep but he like us so we ended up keeping him!
This is Gunner
014E42AE-A7E5-4E9D-8544-89A5667A0F39.jpeg

Ok, we went to the animal shelter to "look". Sam was in a crate outside the front door. :love we went in anyway to look at the other dogs. On the way out, I saw a little girl with Sam in the cat room. I was so dissapointed. Then she came out and said she was testing Sam for us as we had cats. :ya so in the truck she went and first dog in the first crate at the shelter was mine. I did her DNA for fun 40% Red Heeler, 10% Kelpie, 50% American Staffordshire Terrier (pitbull) and best dog in the world. She loves her some duck.
IMG_20190222_175812.jpg

All my current dogs are rescue/shelter dogs brought in from out of state, as we have a shortage of adoptable dogs.

Riker (right) came from rescue, was originally at a shelter in CA. He was a stray, skinny as heck (shelter paperwork said 47 lbs, all ribs... he's now 65), and was sent up here for a second chance. He's the most non expressive dog I've ever met - never changes facial expression. Loves food.

Raja (center) came from CA as well and was sent to a shelter here. I had actually gone to see a male husky but he wasn't a good fit, so while wandering the shelter I saw a pair of gooey brown eyes staring up at me, and I got suckered in. I say suckered in because she's the worst behaved (but most affectionate) dog I've ever had. :p

Bea (left) came from TX and was an owner surrender because she barked too much. As we live on a private driveway, we have nothing for her to bark at, so she's usually quiet and napping. She's one of the biggest cowards I've ever seen but she at least looks substantial (90+ lbs). Does everything in slo-mo.

dogs.jpg

Last edited:
I was at my local shelter picking up tags for my cats. I heard the employees talking about an eight year old dog that needed a home and was currently in a foster home. I asked about him and his story. They said that his owner died and his wife was moving and couldn’t take him with him. As soon as I saw a picture I instantly fell in love! He’s absolutely adorable and he’s the sweetest dog I’ve ever met! He loves my cats, and rabbits and he even herds the flock in at night. I couldn’t have asked for a better dog and he’s trained extremely well.

Attachments

• 6FFF03AF-BD13-4624-8C52-C092551E166F.jpeg
    6FFF03AF-BD13-4624-8C52-C092551E166F.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 3
Ok, we went to the animal shelter to "look". Sam was in a crate outside the front door. :love we went in anyway to look at the other dogs. On the way out, I saw a little girl with Sam in the cat room. I was so dissapointed. Then she came out and said she was testing Sam for us as we had cats. :ya so in the truck she went and first dog in the first crate at the shelter was mine. I did her DNA for fun 40% Red Heeler, 10% Kelpie, 50% American Staffordshire Terrier (pitbull) and best dog in the world. She loves her some duck.
View attachment 2231879
Wow! She is beautiful and that’s an awesome, amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing!!

I was at my local shelter picking up tags for my cats. I heard the employees talking about an eight year old dog that needed a home and was currently in a foster home. I asked about him and his story. They said that his owner died and his wife was moving and couldn’t take him with him. As soon as I saw a picture I instantly fell in love! He’s absolutely adorable and he’s the sweetest dog I’ve ever met! He loves my cats, and rabbits and he even herds the flock in at night. I couldn’t have asked for a better dog and he’s trained extremely well.
I love this story! I’m (hopefully) never going to forget it!! Again he is beautiful!

All my current dogs are rescue/shelter dogs brought in from out of state, as we have a shortage of adoptable dogs.

Riker (right) came from rescue, was originally at a shelter in CA. He was a stray, skinny as heck (shelter paperwork said 47 lbs, all ribs... he's now 65), and was sent up here for a second chance. He's the most non expressive dog I've ever met - never changes facial expression. Loves food.

Raja (center) came from CA as well and was sent to a shelter here. I had actually gone to see a male husky but he wasn't a good fit, so while wandering the shelter I saw a pair of gooey brown eyes staring up at me, and I got suckered in. I say suckered in because she's the worst behaved (but most affectionate) dog I've ever had. :p

Bea (left) came from TX and was an owner surrender because she barked too much. As we live on a private driveway, we have nothing for her to bark at, so she's usually quiet and napping. She's one of the biggest cowards I've ever seen but she at least looks substantial (90+ lbs). Does everything in slo-mo.

View attachment 2231973
Wow! Beautiful dogs!... I can’t believe how many roosters rescue dogs!!

Back
Top Bottom