Story behind your user name! (Post the reason you chose your name for BYC!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazycomb, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Crazycomb

Crazycomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2013
    Mt. Pleasant, MS
    My user name is Crazycomb. I chose this name because it is the name of my favorite chicken! Crazy Comb is a Buff Orpington and has a sideways, silly looking comb![​IMG] She is by far my favorite hen. She is sweet and gentle and is my first broody hen! Love, love, love her!

2. TOP KNOT

TOP KNOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    SHERIDAN IL
    Mine is top knot because I got a ''free'' exotic chick with my order. He turned out to be a golden polish with a top knot on his head. So I am now top knot. Crazy

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Mine is just an old password from an long ago abandoned email account. It wasn't even one I chose - it was computer generated. Lots of people think I'm a Boston Redsox fan but I'm really not!

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Mine comes from: my name is Elizabeth or Liz, had a 1999 Toyota Corolla, and 10 pets at the time, lol. Now I have a dog and a cat, and have 20+ chickens [​IMG]

5. what did I do

what did I do Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Montana
    Mine is because chicken math got me.. I can't even list all my chickens on my siggy :( we now have 2Turkey's.. for free... We have 20+ that need to be butchered and we just don't have time ....WHAT DID I DO! I have a Leghorn with chicks! They are not supposed to go broody. I hatched eggs at the fair, why did I do that? I don't even have time to post pictures of our fair chicks and chickens.why do I have so many chickens?

6. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    I live in KY and am a recently retired air traffic controller, or "tin pusher".

7. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    My original Screen name was Silverfox0786

the story was behind that is im known as Silverfox and Silverfox786 was always gone but adding the leading Zero (0) was always available

but then just for this forum as all other forums I am still silverfox0786 I changed it to

Habib's Hens

and that is because that's what I call my homestead

Habib is my eldest sons name and really everything I own belongs to him so it was fitting to name after him

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Quite simple for me. That is our farm! :)

9. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    My username is based on our first ever chicken, Peep. He was a sweet, loyal RIR rooster. Having Peep is what got me into having chickens, and I thought it would only be right to have his name be part of my username in remembrance of him. And of course, he was a chicken, so I went with ChickenPeep.
    RIP, my sweet Peeper boy. :)

10. Shades of Blue

Shades of Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    i chose my name because i have all kinds of shades of blue in chickens and eggs. I have blue marans....I hope to create blue wheaten marans.....i have blue/blue wheaten ameraucanas....and thus...."shades of blue".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by