Story of a boy and his chickens.

My digital camera is 16 years old.

Our camera isn't that old, but it has an evil personality, LOL.
tongue.png
It takes pictures after about 30 seconds of holding the button down, after the chicken has already left the screen!!! It is such a pain. It also zooms in when you are trying to zoom out and never wants to focus. I can't wait until we can buy a new one.

My wife recently just got a decent Sony camera. Maybe my next photos will be using that if I can learn how two effectively use it. It has a long delay focus compared to just my phone, which is not good for snapping moving targets!

My wife recently just got a decent Sony camera. Maybe my next photos will be using that if I can learn how two effectively use it. It has a long delay focus compared to just my phone, which is not good for snapping moving targets!
I think what you're using is working just fine.... if it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it.

My dad taught me the feel the pelvis and I'm so glad he did, especially since not all of them will squat. When my pullets are at POL, I love checking the spacing between the pelvic points and noting the progress and the widening as they get closer and closer to laying.

My dad taught me the feel the pelvis and I'm so glad he did, especially since not all of them will squat. When my pullets are at POL, I love checking the spacing between the pelvic points and noting the progress and the widening as they get closer and closer to laying.

That's pretty neat I've heard a lot of people do this. Personally I probably won't as even though I'm antzy and ready for it to happen anytime now, I know it will happen when it happens and checking things like that is about the same as me going around the yard to see if I find any eggs or outside nest made(which I do this) Either way tells me they are close or are laying if I find an egg. If I check their pelvic joints all its gonna tell me is they aren't laying or they might be laying now haha. I know it's gotta be any time now but I'm still learning. It is cool you get to keep up with the process though. Your like a chicken midwife checking for centimeter dialation while I'm like the dad just there when it happens

Back
Top Bottom