Story of a boy and his chickens.

Zackman23434

Chirping
Jul 17, 2015
I have many pictures and will probably break this into a few post.
My name is Zack, I recently moved to Edenton NC where I purchased a house and 4 acres of land. I received my 14 little girls and guys 6 weeks ago from Murray McMurray and have been enslaved to building and tending to chickens every day after work since.

Some more painting getting done. Any ideas on incorporating white into the run? I'm think just white on the door itself but if I can find a way to do both that would not look tacky I would do it. I was thinking, have all vertical post and rails white plus the door and then all horizontal rails green or vice versa but i just can't picture it and again I want it too look nice.

Couple of the boys chilling out a couple weeks ago.

My wife recently just got a decent Sony camera. Maybe my next photos will be using that if I can learn how two effectively use it. It has a long delay focus compared to just my phone, which is not good for snapping moving targets!
I think what you're using is working just fine.... if it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it.

My dad taught me the feel the pelvis and I'm so glad he did, especially since not all of them will squat. When my pullets are at POL, I love checking the spacing between the pelvic points and noting the progress and the widening as they get closer and closer to laying.

Please keep in mind I have never built anything before or raised chickens. And the story begins.

6 weeks and 2 days ago I received my 14 little ones. (16 shipped two DOA)
I received 5 delewares, and 8 Rhode Island reds, also got the free rare chicken who turned out to be a golden laced wyndotte. I asked for 1 male of each and it worked out.

The previous owner left plenty of hardie board so I took advantage. I will be painting this when complete. Basically only did the front before I begin work on the inside as chickens were getting to large for my makeshift brooder. I will continue story and pictures tomorrow as I need to rest before continuing work on the run which I just set and concreted the post for.

Back
Top Bottom