Story of our silkie chicks

so very very cute. I want a silkie now.
love.gif

Quote:
Not sure whether he's blue (call him a he as he's the feisty one!) - Mum is pure white, dad is pure black, and he seems to have come out chocolate-y;

His name is Coops, the other two are Custard and Limey

Quote:
We are all fine, thank you for asking, and we are in the UK - hoping to have some more chicks in the spring and then we may have some to sell on or swap, but I think we are intending upon keeping these ones for now... I'll keep posting pics meantime

smile.png

Update:

Coops, the new kid on the block, but mother still takes no s*** from him...

Sister, 'Limey'

Mom n Pops - still a very sweet couple:

...And then the whole Silkie Crew

Easter update:-

It was time to split the silkies to continue line breeding;

So we kept Dad (Emu) and his two daughters (Limey and Custard - named after the colour of their beaks); and I gave mother (Ossie) and her now-crowing son (Coops) to a friend down the road

Interesting as she had started to sit on her eggs yesterday to brood - perhaps I should have left her there and/or put the duck eggs under her

Anyway, we shall see what happens, Limey and Custard have been laying for about 10 days albeit their eggs are half size - cute lil pink eggs...!!

Just gotta sort the muscovies, the ex-batts, the balck rock, RIR and Welsummer Roo....

Wonder if a welsummer x black rock would make good for eatin'

The silkies are due to have some chicks hatch in about 12 days from now, around the 5th May...

Potential mama no.1 has been sat on the eggs all the time, although her sister is now sitting alongside her and they are both seeming to brood over them in equal measure

Is this good, bad?

Back
Top Bottom