STORY

that all the ducks from the swamp were standing in a row behind him. "Wow. These are really odd ducks," thought Bob, "Where did they come from?" Bob, pulled himself away from the ducks to continue scanning the meadow for his mother the goose, when one duck stood forward and said

"We just saw your mother." "Really! Where is she?" asked Bob. The ducks looked at each other and said sadly "Something just took it into that big brick thing over there." He said pointing to what was really a house. "Oh no!" exclaimed Bob. "What am I going to do now?" he said as he ran to the house. Once he got to the house he

overheard two people arguing inside through an open door. A man was saying, "... it's been an awful long time since that dang goose give us anyting but lost fedders and a honk! I've heard your old yarn about dat golden egg, but I still ain't never seen one." The voice of an angry women responded, "That dang goose bought this land, built this house, fed and clothed Jack and me, and put Jack through the finest schools long before you decided to come back home dear bother! And you did that only after you got wind of my money and decided to move in my home. Well, I took you in and fed you as family. But, if you so much as to try to lay one finger on her I'll... I'll!" The man countered, "Golden eggs! Bah! You just got a nice settlement from one dem lords on the hill. But I tink that goose'd make a fine dinner though, iffin she's gonna be good for anyting!" With that, Bob heard his mother's honking and struggling frantically. Suddenly there was the sound of a loud klunk followed by the thud of what sounded like a hundred pound sack of potatoes. Bob could hear the man moan from somewhere low and thought slightly distracted about how poor human peripheral vision is. Snapping back to his senses, Bob

There was an old woman, cane raised high, standing over a huge unconscious man on the floor. A cleaver lay next to him by the counter and up on the butcher block was his mother the goose, now standing and swinging her astounded head from the man to the woman and back again. "Mom!" cried Bob and both the goose and the woman looked at him, startled. Something about the stare the woman gave Bob told him that she actually understood him. But before he could dwell on this unexpected revelation, his mother flew down to him and the woman came over to the both of them and said

"Well there you are Bob! Your mom has been searching high and low for you." "What just happened here?" asked Bob. The lady explained the story. Afterwards Bob took his mother aside and asked her that question. The question that he had started this journey to find out the answer.

"Mom, my Dad, old Stew told me you're supposed to teach me what I must do next. But, I don't understand. What am I supposed to do?" asked Bob and he added, "Why am I special?"

Last edited:
He could see the smile in her eyes. "Bob. You're a goducken. The only one and brought to this world and this place by the power of the Great Phoenix. You are all three, duck, chicken and goose, all rolled into one. The prophesy says that when you come of age, you will rule us as the king of all fowl and bring peace to our kind." Bob was now staring at her wide eyed, but she went on. "And as our future rightful ruler, you must also first be guardian of the newly hatched Phoenix. You will protect and befriend her and one day she will replace the Great Phoenix!" Bob was overwhelmed with this news, and now fell back to the only question that he could find words for. "So, what must I learn next?" he asked. "I must teach you how to care for the young Phoenix," his mother said.

"Are you ready?" asked Bob's mother. "Yes. I am ready." said Bob. For three days straight Bob's mother taught Bob how to care for the Phoenix. Finally the day came when Bob's mother had to go and Bob must take care of the Phoenix by himself.

Back
Top Bottom