Straight watery/milky poop!!

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
I picked up my 4mo leghorn for cuddles and when I put my hand under her tummy she shot out milky water onto my jacket.. should I be concerned? She acts fine!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.3 KB · Views: 4
That's not abnormal once in a while. It may just be she's been drinking a lot of water. But do keep an eye on her behavior and poop. If her behavior becomes lethargic and her appetite falls off, and the watery poop continues, she could be developing an infection.
She’s had a large appetite and is the opposite of lethargic currently. And thank you.

That's not abnormal once in a while. It may just be she's been drinking a lot of water. But do keep an eye on her behavior and poop. If her behavior becomes lethargic and her appetite falls off, and the watery poop continues, she could be developing an infection.
If that happens - how would I treat it? Just antibiotics?

Two of my girls have been doing poops like these for weeks. Should I treat with antibiotics? I’ve tried multiple things to try rid it, and nothings working. They’re eating and drinking fine, both laying, not lethargic.
No. As long as they are behaving normally, antibiotics are not warranted. But the poop bears watching. If behavior changes, and the poop seems problematic, start a thread and we will advise.

No. As long as they are behaving normally, antibiotics are not warranted. But the poop bears watching. If behavior changes, and the poop seems problematic, start a thread and we will advise.
Okay thank you so much. It has been stressing me out! Maybe just keep up with the probiotics maybe?

Back
Top Bottom