Strange Behavior

ks1961ks

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2020
All- one of my ducks keeps ducking her head to the right while walking. Almost tapping the ground, but not quite. Started yesterday.
should I be concerned?
I can’t find a place here to post a 7 second video.

Are other ducks and resources around? My ducks do something like that. Their head is in a normal position then they quickly move it to their lower side almost to the ground. I interpret it to mean, "mine." Or, "not yours." Or, "back off." My ducks use this body language communication to talk to each other about resources. Food, me (I might just be food), water, mates.

Are other ducks and resources around? My ducks do something like that. Their head is in a normal position then they quickly move it to their lower side almost to the ground. I interpret it to mean, "mine." Or, "not yours." Or, "back off." My ducks use this body language communication to talk to each other about resources. Food, me (I might just be food), water, mates.

Thank you. She is Head Duck in the flock of four. Maybe that’s it. She’s my favorite, so I freak a little when something is off. 🙂

Thank you. She is Head Duck in the flock of four. Maybe that’s it. She’s my favorite, so I freak a little when something is off. 🙂
My Head Duck does it the most, too. She bosses the rest of the ducks around with it. I've never seen the lowest ranking duck do it! I am very cautious about my ducks, too!

If you can take a video you can upload it to YouTube and post it here. Then I can tell you more confidently.

My Head Duck does it the most, too. She bosses the rest of the ducks around with it. I've never seen the lowest ranking duck do it! I am very cautious about my ducks, too!

If you can take a video you can upload it to YouTube and post it here. Then I can tell you more confidently.

Back
Top Bottom