Strange but True??? Chickens biting Christmas lights.

Peepers4Piper

Songster
6 Years
Aug 11, 2014
NKY
Okay this may be a very strange/dumb question...BUT...is it possible that our chickens bit our Christmas lights in half? The reason I ask is the chickens were out today picking the berries off the burning bushes per the norm. They were on the front porch or around it quite a bit actually. Tonight when the better 1/2 went to plug them in he found that they were snipped in various places along a 3 strand cord!?! They worked just last night! I was home all day working from home and spent much of the day in the living room in front of the windows facing said bushes. Is this even possible? Thoughts? Opinions? Punch lines?
idunno.gif
Many thanks! Happy early Turkey Day!

Well I thought it was pretty darn weird but I had to ask. We'd never see anything like it! And because my birds were the only thing I SAW near the bushes of course they were the first things that popped into my head. Believe it or not we do not have squirrels that come up to the house but ground squirrels though...that's a different story. Will chipmunks do it too?

We've had tons of chipmunks and squirrels over the years but have never experienced this. Chickens are a new variable too. So obviously I have a lot of stupid questions. :)

Were the wires cut or the light bulbs broken?
Were they on at the time?
If wire, was it chewed up or cleanly cut?
I wonder if rabbits would do that?

Back
Top Bottom