Strange chicken just showed up and joined my flock this week!

Can I use this excuse when I sneak new chickens into my coop????" But Honey, they just show up!"
fl.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
That's what I was thinking. A free hen is great unless it brings you a pile of parasites and a never ending battle of lice.

Congrats on the new addition!

Allowing free access like this is one of the reasons Bird Flu spreads so quickly during serious outbreaks. The first rule of Biosecurity is keeping unknown animals and people out of your flock/herd.

Jim

I totally understand what Jim says about biosecurity, but when a living thing appears at my doorway...What am I to do?

Personally this has not happened to me yet with chickens, but I seem to have a target on my forehead when it comes to dogs and cats.

With them, I try to keep them as segregated as possible
idunno.gif
and then go about finding the task of finding homes....or my home....after the required trip to the vet. He and I are best of buds...
hugs.gif

You have to wonder if there are invisible signs that only the animals can see....This home takes all manner of furry and feathered desperate creatures!!!!
bun.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

I too would love to see pictures of your foundlings...

Michele in MN

Last edited:
OK, here's 2 pics of new miss hen... and tell me what breed she is if you know... I think she may have escaped from the auction down the road.

wanderingchicken2.jpg

wanderingchicken1.jpg

I wonder if she is an Easter egger ?

she sure is pretty - is she tame - can you get near her and hold her ? what a lucky girl to have found her way to your flock

Julie

Back
Top Bottom