Strange Coops?

I used some old 7-11 store panels. my neighbor asked me if I was building Kwik E Mart.
lol.png
I told him no I'm building a 7-11 Chicken Coop...
26580_misc_087.jpg

Mybelle That is soooo inspiring, thanks for the before and after picture
bow.gif
I would never have dreamed where it came from if i only saw the after.

I have just gotten a largish 4' by 5' rabbit hutch at our recycle center that I hope to convert (as soon as I can figure out how to get it home) , making roosts higher than the nesting box may be impossible but otherwise I think it is in pretty useable shape already.

I have been looking and looking for ideas on easy converts etc. and came across this pretty crazy coop using a clothes dryer door http://www.kk.org/streetuse/

it
isn't exactly pretty but certainly is made from free and interesting materials,

If anyone has any advice about using/converting rabbit hutches please let me know
thanks

I had my husband take an old shopping cart and turn it into a small outside area for the peeps. They just love it. Before that we were using a couple of old framed window screens with potted plants to keep them held up. This is alot more secure and the kids that are coming over for the holiday won't be able to get to them. I will try to get pictures up this weekend.

I just realized that I never posted a photo of my out-house chicken coop which I mentioned in the OP... so here it is. this is not the greatest photo.. a lot of the house is hidden behind a tree, but it is two-story and my breeding pair of Silkies seem quite content and comfy in it. All my coops are positioned under large shade trees such as the one in the photo. It gives them lots of shade from the sun and some protection from rain, which it looks like they are going to need since we have rain in the forecast for the next 6 days!
rant.gif

26140_outhouse-silkies.jpg

Quote:
OH... I would have loved to have seen the finished product. How cool to find something like that to convert into a coop. Everywhere I drive... I'm looking for coops and ideas. Recently, while driving down the road my 2 year old saw an old pump house and said, "Look Mom... chicken coop."
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom