Strange disgusting rubber shelled egg

Your welcome. I've had some of them live as much as 18 months with it, some passed much quicker. I've got a hen currently that is pretty advanced with it, but she still goes out with the others, eats, drinks, dust bathes, roosts, so I've left her be and will continue to do so until she tells me different. I half expect every morning to find her passed, but she keeps on going. Her abdomen has gotten very large and almost touches the ground when she walks. Below is a picture of her a couple of days ago. Despite that belly, she seems pretty happy right now. They are so resilient.
salpingitis.jpg

Late to the game here, but does that egg have a shell?
Did you cut in half lengthwise to get a better look at what's inside?

Your welcome. I've had some of them live as much as 18 months with it, some passed much quicker. I've got a hen currently that is pretty advanced with it, but she still goes out with the others, eats, drinks, dust bathes, roosts, so I've left her be and will continue to do so until she tells me different. I half expect every morning to find her passed, but she keeps on going. Her abdomen has gotten very large and almost touches the ground when she walks. Below is a picture of her a couple of days ago. Despite that belly, she seems pretty happy right now. They are so resilient.
View attachment 3523546
Thank you very much.
Yes, I've got Holly with this problem and you'd have no idea. She seems very happy.
My other old one, Buffy, has water belly and I've drained her a couple of time and thought seriously about having her euthanased but decided to let nature take its course and she bucked up tremendously. She didn't look so good this morning but was very keen on having her treats for breakfast.
Thanks again.
Richard

No sign of Holly being poorly and no more lash eggs yet. The other poorly one, Buffy, is much better . Unbelievable recovery for hen at deaths door.
Thanks for all the advice.
Richard.

Back
Top Bottom