Strange Egg, No Yolk, No White, All watery and yellow inside

LunariusH

Hatching
Apr 1, 2021
I had a chicken randomly show up at our house, and have more or less been keeping it as a free-range pet. She recently started brooding in a nest I provided for her, sitting on a clutch of about 10 eggs. Wondering if they were fertile at all, I snuck a couple out and discovered the inside was watery and yellow, with no distinct yolk or white. I slowly but surely removed all of the eggs over a series of days, always sure to leave her with one.

Today I removed both of them, as I knew one was only a day old. One was clearly an old one, being rotten and sulfury on the inside, the other was like all the others... A runny watery yellow mess. I haven't been able to find any information about this particular egg oddity online, and am wondering if anyone here has any idea what's going on with this sweet girl?

She's probably not getting the nutrition she needs. what are you feeding her?
Admittedly, at this point, we're letting her forage like the semi-wild bird she is. We have been feeding her a little, but she mostly does ok fending for herself. New Orleans is weird that way, just wandering free chicks.

If this is, indeed, a nutrition issue I'd love to start taking care of her dietary needs properly. What would be a good start for her? (For what it's worth, she's visually healthy, doesn't seem thin or underweight, and is quite vibrant. So she doesn't seem to be going hungry.)

Admittedly, at this point, we're letting her forage like the semi-wild bird she is. We have been feeding her a little, but she mostly does ok fending for herself. New Orleans is weird that way, just wandering free chicks.

If this is, indeed, a nutrition issue I'd love to start taking care of her dietary needs properly. What would be a good start for her? (For what it's worth, she's visually healthy, doesn't seem thin or underweight, and is quite vibrant. So she doesn't seem to be going hungry.)

She can be fed on a free range diet, but its not suffiecent enough for her. I'd just go to the farm store and pick up a bag of feed and oyster shell.

Back
Top Bottom