Strange ghost egg?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by commosmart1, Feb 7, 2011.

1. commosmart1

commosmart1 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    Sumrall, MS
    My dominique has not been laying but today I found that she haid laid one egg that looked kind of clear and felt like jello. Does anyone have an idea or more information on this? Thanks.

2. MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    Colorado Plains
    we call this the jello egg ... her egg-making-equipment needs a little time to get working right. not all girls do this but it's not uncommon or unusual. be patient. discard or cook it up and feed it to her for protein or to your dogs.

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

She forgot to coat it with shell. Not uncommon, especially with new layers. It shouldn't happen very often.

4. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    I go this from one of my EE's that's been laying for 2 months now... The strangest thing is, there was nothing in the nest this morning and then this evening when I went to get the eggs, I found 3 eggs (from 3 girls) and a jello egg... I'm thinking it just went through her system too fast and was supposed to be an egg for tomorrow.. Most likely, I won't get 3 again tomorrow... Unless my rooster that's in with them has something to tell me.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by