Strange Happenings

i have question? I have some young chickens and the odd behavior they are displaying is that they are huddling together and on top of each other and we have already lost two we think to this behavior. does anybody know what could be causing this?

Did you post in the emergency thread? Wish I could help more, sorry.
i have question? I have some young chickens and the odd behavior they are displaying is that they are huddling together and on top of each other and we have already lost two we think to this behavior. does anybody know what could be causing this?

Are they less than 8 weeks and are they feathered out? Do you have them outdoors in a coop? Are they alone or with established chickens? I ask because I've read about something like this before.
They may be cold if not feathered out or they may be frightened or stressed. I believe that I read you should try putting them on the roosts after dark.

Are they less than 8 weeks and are they feathered out? Do you have them outdoors in a coop? Are they alone or with established chickens? I ask because I've read about something like this before.
They may be cold if not feathered out or they may be frightened or stressed. I believe that I read you should try putting them on the roosts after dark.
They are about 3-4 months fully feathered in a coop outdoors and they are by themselves

I feel lucky that I was outside when the chicken snake happened along. He was headed straight for the run. I hated to kill it because it wasn't poisons, but it was definitely a danger for chicks. We have a lot of moccasins and a few copperheads but this is the first one to come so close to the chicken run. I'm sorry that you didn't find yours before it killed your chick.

Back
Top Bottom