Strange looking eggs

grandmachicken

Songster
14 Years
Sep 15, 2008
Williamson, GA
Hey everyone. Some of my eggs have some strange discolorations, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what causes them. One egg has a dusky whitish coating, but not over the entire egg - just in some areas, and it's always circular. The coating cannot be rubbed off. Another egg has whitish speckles. I think these are coming from my RIR crosses. They seem to be fine inside.

15837_dscn0548.jpg

15837_dscn0547.jpg

Thanks!

Christi

I think this is normal, my eggs have splotches and speckles, and odd dusky stripes and waves one them too. I suppose the commercial egg businesses don't put those "odd" eggs in the cartons for sale to the public. (My reasoning being I have never seen them like that in the eggs I buy from the grocery store) They probably sell the "odd" shelled eggs other food companies that don't care about the looks of the shells.

Quote:
You, mostly we end up eating them anyway, just not as fresh eggs, we get them in cakes and TV dinners and all that.... same for blood and meat spots.... I think even double yolks....

More of my eggs look odd than look "normal."

I get at least one or two every day that look like that. I think we get used to seeing perfect-looking eggs in the stores, so we have no idea that most eggs are funky looking in one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom