Strange looking poop

Neutrino

Chirping
Aug 17, 2019
I have 5 baby chicks about 1.5 months old. At least one (the smallest, a dark Brahma) has some watery white stool with traces or orangish red, started sept 7. All chickens including the smallest are frolicking around, eating and drinking normally. My neighbor said it’s probably coccidiosis. I’m new to chickens. I love them and would like to solve this problem. I called the vet and they said they’re all booked up and won’t be able to squeeze me in, I also called a mobile vet who has not responded. If anyone can help please let me know. I started Amprolium yesterday. I don’t even know if I’m posting this in the correct section. I’m new.

I have 5 baby chicks about 1.5 months old. At least one (the smallest, a dark Brahma) has some watery white stool with traces or orangish red, started sept 7. All chickens including the smallest are frolicking around, eating and drinking normally. My neighbor said it’s probably coccidiosis. I’m new to chickens. I love them and would like to solve this problem. I called the vet and they said they’re all booked up and won’t be able to squeeze me in, I also called a mobile vet who has not responded. If anyone can help please let me know. I started Amprolium yesterday. I don’t even know if I’m posting this in the correct section. I’m new.
Can you post some photos of the poop?

Hello, my little chicks have all had normal stool for the last 10 hours, I hope that means they’re all ok. I should have taken a photo or collected a sample of the strange poop. If it happens again I will take a photo and post it. It’s been about 36 since starting the medication and they seem to be doing great. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom