STRANGE new egg

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ok, so i have 9 comet hens all laying that i know of. I get 7 or 8 eggs a day. they have all always been brown eggs. A few HUGE, one or two really small (they are Aprils hatch)

I go to collect my eggs yesterday and behold guess what I found????

A WHITE EGG??????????? did i let my girls eat to much snow or what??? (photo tonight)

2. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Are you sure its white or a very light tan? I have some eggs that I think are white until I put them next to a true white egg. Hope you figure out your mystery!

3. i bet you are right. its a dirty white. why?????????? dirty snow???? [​IMG]

4. akaxo

akaxo Chillin' With My Peeps

at least the egg wasn't yellow [​IMG]

5. dandelionheart

dandelionheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Lafayette, Indiana
    One of their paint sprayers malfunctioning. [​IMG]

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:[​IMG]

ditt:)

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Technically that's basically it. . . when pullets are young, all sorts of things can go wonky during their beginning of the egg laying.

9. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    LOL I have a bunch of Comets and have found that as they get older their eggs get lighter and lighter.... I only get ONE truely brown egg per few days!

10. paint sprayer... you funny gal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, it's the fourth off white egg now. it MUST be May, my rescue. I dont think she was laying then a week or so ago I watched her get into the nest and plop out this tiny tiny little specked egg. thought maybe it was her first or her last.

[​IMG]
    The tiny one in the center is hers.

now all of a sudden the wierd ones. hm... dunno. maybe she ate to much snow?????

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by