STRANGE new egg

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Ok, so i have 9 comet hens all laying that i know of. I get 7 or 8 eggs a day. they have all always been brown eggs. A few HUGE, one or two really small (they are Aprils hatch)

I go to collect my eggs yesterday and behold guess what I found????

A WHITE EGG??????????? did i let my girls eat to much snow or what??? (photo tonight)
  2. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Are you sure its white or a very light tan? I have some eggs that I think are white until I put them next to a true white egg. Hope you figure out your mystery!
  3. i bet you are right. its a dirty white. why?????????? dirty snow???? [​IMG]
  4. akaxo

akaxo Chillin' With My Peeps

at least the egg wasn't yellow [​IMG]
  5. dandelionheart

dandelionheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Lafayette, Indiana
    One of their paint sprayers malfunctioning. [​IMG]
  6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
  7. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Technically that's basically it. . . when pullets are young, all sorts of things can go wonky during their beginning of the egg laying.
  9. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    LOL I have a bunch of Comets and have found that as they get older their eggs get lighter and lighter.... I only get ONE truely brown egg per few days!
  10. paint sprayer... you funny gal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, it's the fourth off white egg now. it MUST be May, my rescue. I dont think she was laying then a week or so ago I watched her get into the nest and plop out this tiny tiny little specked egg. thought maybe it was her first or her last.

The tiny one in the center is hers.

now all of a sudden the wierd ones. hm... dunno. maybe she ate to much snow?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by