Strange Obituary

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bockbock2008, Oct 12, 2011.

1. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
  2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    WOW , she doesnt like the word fart???? who would put that on a obituary????

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I think that is the coolest obituary that I have ever read. A stranger reading that makes one feel that this person was VERY well loved, generous, caring, a fun person who enjoyed life, free spirited, energetic and had a great sense of humor and who had family and friends who loved her so much. Sounds like she had a great life. Thanks for sharing this.

ETA: This could have been something that this person wrote herself and requested as her obituary. Speaking for myself, I have my obituary and funeral program already written and my family knows where it's located (along with my life insurance policies). A list of all of my school friends and college friend's names and numbers to contact them to let them know of my passing. I also have what I wanted to be buried in and the color. All my family has to do is follow directions and fill in the blanks. [​IMG] I want it written MY way. I know that's strange but I like to be organized and makes it less stressful for my family. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I wonder if she wrote that herself, before she passed! I loved it! I'm betting she had a marvelous sense of humor, and was probably a pretty ornery lady as well.

I might just write my own obit before I die.......I'd like to leave people laughing.....[​IMG]

5. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I think that is an awesome obituary. Good for her!

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

My friend planned his own funeral.... Weird Al' Yankovic songs were played.

7. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I love it. It sounds like she was a fun person and someone who loved life.

8. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    lol, I bet they laughted alot.

I thought this was funny, copied from the obit: "She was preceded in death by her parents, Happy the cat and Muffy the dog". So her parents were a cat n dog... lol!!

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Quote:No, read it this way instead to help understand: She was preceded in death Happy the cat, Muffy the dog and by her parents".

Very cool obit...even the fart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by