Strange sound coming from hens left side

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Desert Rooster, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    I just got back from checking to see how my chickens are doing like i always do, and i noticed a strange faint sound inside the coop.
    The sound can be described as a sizzling sound, like if you put a drop of water on a hot frying pan, or like if you put some Alka-Seltzer in a cup of water.
    So i listened carefully around the coop to see where it was coming from and its coming from my hens left side.
    She is eating good, and doesnt seem sick, she breathes good too, no sneezing or coughing so i dont know if thats normal, or something is wrong

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have no idea but I'll bump you and maybe someone will weigh in.

3. Hobie Ranch

Hobie Ranch Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2009
    We have the same sound with one of our girls. I just described it in the thread called "Enlarged flaming red crop. Impacted? Sour?" by Hobie Ranch. I called it gurgling - but your description is much better - sizzling of water in a frying pan, or the Alka Seltzer sound. What the heck? Anybody know?

4. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Quote:she is still making that sound, but i kept an eye on her today and she seems perfectly fine and acting normal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by