Strange tractor supply chicks - Pics added

I have one of those little red with the white around the neck. It isn't really a red color but a mahgony maybe. I didn't get mine from TSC though. It came in the mail from eggs I received from SIZ8003. I love the color
smile.png
I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Here's a pic.
100_2812.jpg

I went to TSC yesterday and they had 3 tanks for chicks. Two were empty & the third had about 20 little bantam chicks in it - I asked and they told me they only got one box of chicks and expect more today.

My hatch is not progressing well at all and I had thought about getting a few chicks at TSC but decided not to due to having 30 eggs in the incubator. Now my eggs are not really hatching well so I might go get some chicks anyway.

When I went yesterday TSC had a ton of chicks. They said they got 1000 in yesterday morning plus they had a bunch left over from their last shipment that were on clearance for .75 cents each.

Last edited:
Sorry that's my fault. It's not exactly a ring , but if you look at the chick in the second picture you can see the white going around the top of it's shoulders and on it's breast/neck. It doesn't look as white in the picture because they are under a red lamp. I was just shocked because I've never seen ANY white on a "RIR" chick.Sorry about the misstatement.

Be careful some of the employee's don't know what they are doing.
idunno.gif

I was there when some chicks came in and they put all the chicks in the wrong bins.
The guy that did it said "Oh what doe's it matter their all just chickens anyway"
duc.gif

I'm not really worried about what they are. I bought them mainly for eggs and for my son to play with. It was just strange seeing all that white on a supposedly RIR.

The DeKalb Amberlink pullets are back this year. What makes them unusual is the hens will be white when grown and lay brown eggs.. White hen-brown egg is unusual?
As chicks they are white with a little black on their head. I believe they crossed the r.i.r. with a white sexlink to get this breed.
Our Tractor Supply store is selling them for 2.49 ea. Almost all the chicks they get are from Mt. Healthy hatchery...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom