Stray cat killed my chick and I want revenge + another question

Bad news everyone.. :(

View attachment 3073357

This (left) was my New Hampshire Red pullet, Fiona. She almost reached 5 weeks. I let her and my Buff Ameracauna chick, Soniya, out of their little chick coop outside, to play and run around a bit, I usually let them stay out until it starts getting dark. They’ve been free ranging outside since April 15. Like a week now. Today I made a grave damn mistake.

I locked up my rooster Zuko in the chicks tiny coop because he was being bad. I looked at him out the window about 10 minutes later, and he’s freaking out. I assumed it was because he wanted to get out. I look out the window and Fiona and Soniya are fine, playing and hopping around, and not even 30 minutes later I come outside and I find Fiona in a corner outside of the pen, dead as a doornail, next to the bastard female stray cat who killed my Lulu. I almost puke, picking up her lukewarm body and hugging it.

I realized that if I didn’t lock Zuko up, he would’ve protected them. So this really is my fault. I have all the time in the world to grieve and embrace my self-hatred, but instead my morbid mind only screams to take revenge. I seriously want to kill this cat. I won’t let her do anymore damage. The other cats always behave and generally avoid going into their pen because I used to have a heifer back there and they were scared of her, they still don’t go in there. Today she has passed the last straw.

Is it justifiable if I kill this cat? I have absolutely no remorse for her even if its her instinct as a cat. If someone kills or hurts my babies, they’re getting karma no matter what.

About the other question. The Buff Amercacauna chick, Soniya, I took her in and she is housed with my Buff Orpington, Rupi. Rupi is certainly jealous of Soniya when I show her affection, and often bullies her. :( I feel so so bad for Soniya because Fiona was like her big sister who would always play with her, and she was looking so hard outside to find her, it shattered my heart. Soniya probably thinks Rupi is Fiona, and she’s confused on why she’s being so mean to her.

I want to know if I should put Soniya up for adoption, like on Craigslist, thats where I originally found her. I don’t want her to fall into the hands of a person who would treat her as some commodity object. As a vegan, it would absolutely break my heart if anyone hurt this precious baby. I want her to be safe and loved. I honestly don’t mind if whoever takes her only uses her eggs she will lay in the future, as long as she is being given the same amount of unconditional love I give her.

I really need some advice, I can’t take this anymore I feel like a tiger in a cage in my mind!!!!:hit
Sorry for your loss, (I know cat people aren't going to like this) but, at my house I use a .22 rifle, not a pistol, and CB Caps. they are just about as loud as a CO2 pellet gun, it works good on racoons, skunks, and real close range coyotes. And my apology if I offend anyone.

Back
Top Bottom