Stray chicken. She's a beauty! Need opinions.

I just got this shot. Gretel with her teenagers. They always take a break from the woods to come get crumbles! Haha
Gretel is looking rough with her molting!

Gretel jr (maybe 'Willow'?) Been trying to get them all used to being held.

They are looking great!

Everyone's pictures are wonderful

We moved the chicks outside to their new digs. In case you wonder, it's a catfish cage! But we put it inside the dog pen that makes up our chicken commune. Haha

Love my chicky babies. They are getting so big. I am hoping they will be on the larger side and take after my BR. Oh and I'm not sure if gretel jr is a girl or boy! Me and the roosters! Sheesh! ;)

We moved the chicks outside to their new digs. In case you wonder, it's a catfish cage! But we put it inside the dog pen that makes up our chicken commune. Haha

Love my chicky babies. They are getting so big. I am hoping they will be on the larger side and take after my BR. Oh and I'm not sure if gretel jr is a girl or boy! Me and the roosters! Sheesh! ;)

At least you can get close to these ones.

We processed our first chicken today. Watched some videos on YouTube, which were very helpful. My fiance is a hunter so he is familiar with the dressing out of animals. Really wasnt as long a process as I thought it would be. We cut his throat. Tried to be as humane as possible. We have it soaking in an ACV/water bath in the fridge right now. I'm pretty proud of us. Feels good to know where our food is coming from. :)

I was shocked at the smell when we scalded it. I read, after the fact of course, that a little dish liquid soap in the scalding water will help with that. Lol

Back
Top Bottom